National Technology Day
A very special day for Indian Technology since 1999. It is so significant because India achieved a huge technological advancement on the day. The first, indigenous aircraft “Hansa-3” was test flown at Bangalore on this day. Not only this, India also performed successful test firing of the Trishul missile on the same day. India also executed three successful nuclear tests, carried out at Pokhran, in Rajasthan May 11.
Here is all you need to know about the importance of National Technology Day:
- Instituted in the year 1999, the day holds importance of its own as on this particular day India achieved a huge technological progression
- India had also tested its first indigenous aircraft ‘Hansa-3‘ on this day
- After testing Hansa-3, India had performed successful test firing of the Trishul missile and had also executed three successful nuclear tests, carried out at Pokhran, in Rajasthan
- On May 11, 1998, India tested 5 nuclear powered bombs in Pokhran, Rajasthan, to exhibit its defence skills. — -This is regarded as one of the significant moments in Indian history
- The theme for this year’s Technology Day is ‘Technology enablers of Startup India’.